I finally got the chance to meet Edoardo Viola live for the first time after months of meetings and chat about the activities and decisions are taken by Italians FSA and participation in Mozilla Italia.
We decided to organize this event in the summer to take advantage of the moment of relative calm to introduce me to the local group and can plan a series of decisions at national level with Edoardo before winter.
I also got to know the boys from Engineers Without Borders in the Cagliari headquarters with which I think we could join forces not only in Cagliari but also elsewhere in our country.
* 9:30-10:00 – Join Mozilla we have cookies – 30min – Daniele Scasciafratte
* 10:00-10:30 – Become a Firefox Student Ambassador – 30min – Edoardo Viola
* 11:20-11:40 – Coffee Break
* 11:40-12:25 – Firefox and WebExtension – 45min – Daniele Scasciafratte
* 12:30-14:20 – Lunch
* 14:20-16:50 – Hackaton time – 2:30
The attendees were of various local groups from our FSA, Engineers Without Borders, Microsoft Student Ambassador and Mozilla Club.
This miscellaneous presence has allowed us to meet with an audience of non-web programmers or who did not know our community.
At the same time we have to evaluate this format that I think requires the talk on DevTool without the presence of the final hackaton so as to present also the tools available, without having to explain in private.
We got feedback on the topics and defined a number of community activities:
- Meeting in August dedicated to PassoPasso
- Implementation of a plan dedicated to the volunteers that cannot join the FSA program
- Merge the slide dedicated to Mozilla and the FSA
- For hackaton it is better to propose topics to save time
- Structuring a translation team to MDN
- Create a group of work/study of Rust
- Activate Rocket Chat to work together
- Start working for the national event in September of the Italian community
- Realization of the first video (what? You’ll know when it’s ready)
- Plan our presence for the Mozilla Festival
- Create a protocol for recruiting
- Define winter activities for volunteers
- Meeting to discuss the talks available
Any comments on the local group? I would say that they really give to do and that may be the national benchmark given the great number.
They must begin to engage more other realities and realize various types of event and not only focus on the promotion/awareness.
Now they also have the gadgets that I brought, that they had not yet received, so I hope that they are helpful to let the word out.