I saw this kind of blogposts around the web and I want to try to check what I do every month to evaluate better my time, but at the same time let to the others to discover what I am doing and maybe do promotion on projects where I contribute.
This months there was the hacktoberfest so I done few pull requests for this initiative but also other for other reasons:
- Improved a pull requests on GlotPress that I done in August and finally got merged: https://github.com/GlotPress/GlotPress-WP/pull/792
- Translated a menu tool for KDE on Dolphin in Italian: https://github.com/geobarrod/KDE-Services/pull/4
- Added to Query Monitor plugin for WordPress the support to remember the filters using localstorage: https://github.com/johnbillion/query-monitor/pull/268
- Updated the Italian translation of OpenRCT2: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/Localisation/pull/1233
- First pr to learn how works the WP-CLI contribution ecosystem: https://github.com/wp-cli/scaffold-package-command/pull/146
- Fix on Freemius PHP SDK: https://github.com/Freemius/php-sdk/pull/7
- Little fix on Query Monitor: https://github.com/johnbillion/query-monitor/pull/270
- Updated Italian translation for ShortCake plugin for WordPress: https://github.com/wp-shortcake/shortcake/pull/777
- Little updates to tchspk.rs: https://github.com/flaki/tchspk.rs/pull/7
- Improvements on CMB2-Tabs for WordPress to use it on frontend: https://github.com/rubengc/cmb2-tabs/pull/3
I also discovered the filters on GitHub so I opened 24 issues on different projects: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+author%3AMte90+archived%3Afalse+created%3A%3E2017-10-01+updated%3A%3C2017-10-31+
In this month I created a new repo:
- https://mte90.net/2017/10/simple-boilerplate-to-create-map-with-people-and-list/ – https://github.com/Mte90/List-People-on-the-Map-Boilerplate
With hacktoberfest I got received in different projects new stuff so soon I will release a new version of https://github.com/Mte90/GH-License.
There was also updates on https://github.com/Mte90/awesome-wordpress-developer-tips and 3 new release of https://github.com/Mte90/GlotDict/releases.
I published also 2 new talks on http://mte90.github.io/.
I have lead as Reps Council Chair 4 different meetings this month, check on: https://discourse.mozilla.org/tags/reps-council-meeting.
I also worked on Internal stuff for the council like for Open Conversation, OKR Q4, also on https://github.com/mozilla/Reps/issues/130.
To find other activities you can see on https://reps.mozilla.org/reports/rep/Mte90/.
I was also involved on promotion on social networks and other for Mozilla Italia.
Many of the things I have done are not public or easy to show because we work in a community very wide in planning things.
I started to work on 2.0 of Promote MDN plugin for WordPress.
Ticket on bugzilla where I was involved or I opened:
I made a video in Italian about live contributing with coding on https://mte90.net/2017/10/live-coding-patching-wordpress-20-minuti/.
I joined different meetings on core-php during the month, you can check them better on https://make.wordpress.org/core/tag/core-php/.
I contributed with patch to WordPress in this month on:
I worked a lot in different libraries and also on the boilerplate on https://github.com/wpbp, waiting to release a new official version soon.
Industria Italiana del Software Libero
We done a meeting of the council team and I worked on improve the website and closing our issues on GitLab.
Seems a busy month probably because I had to many things to work on but we will see for November what are the updates!
As hint for the next month I will try to keep a list of stuff to be more exhaustive and forget stuff.
Photo of the month?